Napredna pretraga

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 978579

Regulation of hypertension in managerial population


Pribić, Sanda; Buljan, Krunoslav; Gmajnić, Rudika
Regulation of hypertension in managerial population // Second International Symposium on Hypertension, Translational Medicine in Hypertension, Book of abstracts / Drenjančević, Ines ; Koller, Akos ; Kiss, Istvan ; Jelaković, Bojan (ur.).
Osijek, 2010. str. 57-57 (poster, međunarodna recenzija, sažetak, ostalo)


Naslov
Regulation of hypertension in managerial population

Autori
Pribić, Sanda ; Buljan, Krunoslav ; Gmajnić, Rudika

Vrsta, podvrsta i kategorija rada
Sažeci sa skupova, sažetak, ostalo

Izvornik
Second International Symposium on Hypertension, Translational Medicine in Hypertension, Book of abstracts / Drenjančević, Ines ; Koller, Akos ; Kiss, Istvan ; Jelaković, Bojan - Osijek, 2010, 57-57

Skup
Second International Symposium on Hypertension, Translational Medicine in Hypertension

Mjesto i datum
Osijek, Hrvatska, 18-21.11. 2010

Vrsta sudjelovanja
Poster

Vrsta recenzije
Međunarodna recenzija

Ključne riječi
Managerial population ; arterial hypertension ; antihypertensive therapy

Sažetak
Introduction: Managers are population affected by specific workplace conditions: stressful situations, responsibility, decision making, risks and interpersonal relationships. Therefore, they have a specific approach to health preservation and therapy use. Aim: To examine the possibility of motivating managers to proper use of prescribed antihypertensive therapy by employing various interventions. Methods: We have established improper use of therapy and poor regulation of hypertension in a group of 123 managers treated for hypertension. We have managed to motivate those managers to behave more responsibly by using interventions such as educational material, discussions, SMS messages and e-mails. Results: Following the interventions, 76% of the managers started using their therapy regularly, whereas only 56% of them used it regularly before the interventions. 18% used the therapy quite regularly (before 22%), 6% used it from time to time (before 10%) and 2% stopped using the therapy altogether (before 12%). In assessing the interventions it could be seen that the managers best responded to e- mails (42%), followed by SMS messages (36%) and discussions (18%) and, least of all, educational material (4%). 92% of managers are willing to finance the systems which would remind them to take their therapy. Conclusion: It is possible to devise interventions adjusted for managerial population which would significantly influence their regular and continuous taking of antihypertensive therapy. Majority of managers support the idea of financing such interventions.

Izvorni jezik
Engleski

Znanstvena područja
Kliničke medicinske znanosti



POVEZANOST RADA


Ustanove
Klinički bolnički centar Osijek,
Medicinski fakultet, Osijek,
Sveučilište J. J. Strossmayera u Osijeku