Napredna pretraga

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 971119

Evolution of single nucleotide polymorphisms in fat mass and obesity associated gene


Huđek, Ana; Škara, Lucija; Smolkovič, Barbara; Ravlić, Sanda; Nanić, Lucia; Matovinović, Martina; Rubelj, Ivica; Bačun-Družina, Višnja
Evolution of single nucleotide polymorphisms in fat mass and obesity associated gene // 4th Congress of Croatian Geneticists with International Participation : Book of Abstracts / Šarčević, Hrvoje ; Ugarković, Đurđica ; Vujaklija, Dušica ; Svetec, Ivan K. ; Svetec Miklenić, Marina (ur.).
Zagreb: Croatian Genetic Societ, 2018. str. 48-48 (poster, nije recenziran, sažetak, znanstveni)


Naslov
Evolution of single nucleotide polymorphisms in fat mass and obesity associated gene

Autori
Huđek, Ana ; Škara, Lucija ; Smolkovič, Barbara ; Ravlić, Sanda ; Nanić, Lucia ; Matovinović, Martina ; Rubelj, Ivica ; Bačun-Družina, Višnja

Vrsta, podvrsta i kategorija rada
Sažeci sa skupova, sažetak, znanstveni

Izvornik
4th Congress of Croatian Geneticists with International Participation : Book of Abstracts / Šarčević, Hrvoje ; Ugarković, Đurđica ; Vujaklija, Dušica ; Svetec, Ivan K. ; Svetec Miklenić, Marina - Zagreb : Croatian Genetic Societ, 2018, 48-48

ISBN
978-953-57128-1-7

Skup
Congress of Croatian Geneticists with International Participation (4 ; 2018)

Mjesto i datum
Krk, Hrvatska, 26.-29.09.2018

Vrsta sudjelovanja
Poster

Vrsta recenzije
Nije recenziran

Ključne riječi
Obesity ; FTO gene ; SNPs

Sažetak
Obesity is, in most cases, a multifunctional disease resulting from the interaction of changes in the human genome and environmental factors affecting the development of the disease throughout one’s life. Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) are genetic variants that occur with a different frequency in the human genome. Fat mass and obesity associated (FTO) gene and genetic association of FTO SNPs are related to obesity and genetic aging. In this work, we investigated three common SNPs in the FTO gene in women from Zagreb County. In cases with obesity present, the frequencies of the risk genotypes AA rs9939609, CC rs1421085 and GG rs17817449 of the FTO gene were significantly higher. Interestingly, 60.87% of the obese women are not homozygous carriers of even one risk allele opposite the rest 39.13% of the obese women who are triple-homozygous carriers of the risk alleles for all three studied SNPs. Considering the bimodal distribution of the investigated SNPs in obese women, the other genetic, metabolic, physiological, behavioural, sociocultural and / or environmental factors that can contribute to female obesity are a matter of great interest. Furthermore, it is a long way to go before we may answer questions about which factors affect the occurrence and evolution of SNPs in the complex genetics of human diseases.

Izvorni jezik
Engleski



POVEZANOST RADA


Ustanove
Prehrambeno-biotehnološki fakultet, Zagreb,
Institut "Ruđer Bošković", Zagreb,
Klinički bolnički centar Zagreb