Napredna pretraga

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 728146

Statistical Analysis of Large-Scale EUV Waves Observed by STEREO/EUVI


Muhr, Nicole; Veronig, Astrid; Kienreich, Ines; Vršnak, Bojan; Temmer, Manuela; Bein, Bianka
Statistical Analysis of Large-Scale EUV Waves Observed by STEREO/EUVI // Solar physics, 289 (2014), 12; 4563-4588 doi:10.1007/s11207-014-0594-7 (međunarodna recenzija, članak, znanstveni)


Naslov
Statistical Analysis of Large-Scale EUV Waves Observed by STEREO/EUVI

Autori
Muhr, Nicole ; Veronig, Astrid ; Kienreich, Ines ; Vršnak, Bojan ; Temmer, Manuela ; Bein, Bianka

Izvornik
Solar physics (0038-0938) 289 (2014), 12; 4563-4588

Vrsta, podvrsta i kategorija rada
Radovi u časopisima, članak, znanstveni

Ključne riječi
waves; magnetohydrodynamic Waves; propagation

Sažetak
We statistically analyzed the kinematical evolution and wave pulse characteristics of 60 strong large-scale EUV wave events that occurred during January 2007 to February 2011 with the STEREO twin spacecraft. For the start velocity, the arithmetic mean is 312±115 km s−1 (within a range of 100 – 630 km s−1). For the mean (linear) velocity, the arithmetic mean is 254±76 km s−1 (within a range of 130 – 470 km s−1). 52 % of all waves under study show a distinct deceleration during their propagation (a≤−50 m s−2), the other 48 % are consistent with a constant speed within the uncertainties (−50≤a≤50 m s−2). The start velocity and the acceleration are strongly anticorrelated with c≈−0.8, i.e. initially faster events undergo stronger deceleration than slower events. The (smooth) transition between constant propagation for slow events and deceleration in faster events occurs at an EUV wave start-velocity of v≈230 km s−1, which corresponds well to the fast-mode speed in the quiet corona. These findings provide strong evidence that the EUV waves under study are indeed large-amplitude fast-mode MHD waves. This interpretation is also supported by the correlations obtained between the peak velocity and the peak amplitude, impulsiveness, and build-up time of the disturbance. We obtained the following association rates of EUV wave events with other solar phenomena: 95 % are associated with a coronal mass ejection (CME), 74 % to a solar flare, 15 % to interplanetary type II bursts, and 22 % to coronal type II bursts. These findings are consistent with the interpretation that the associated CMEs are the driving agents of the EUV waves.

Izvorni jezik
Engleski

Znanstvena područja
Fizika



POVEZANOST RADA


Projekt / tema
HRZZ-IP-2013-11-6212 - Promjenjivost Sunca i zvijezda (Bojan Vršnak, )

Ustanove
Geodetski fakultet, Zagreb

Profili:

Avatar Url Bojan Vršnak (autor)

Citiraj ovu publikaciju

Muhr, Nicole; Veronig, Astrid; Kienreich, Ines; Vršnak, Bojan; Temmer, Manuela; Bein, Bianka
Statistical Analysis of Large-Scale EUV Waves Observed by STEREO/EUVI // Solar physics, 289 (2014), 12; 4563-4588 doi:10.1007/s11207-014-0594-7 (međunarodna recenzija, članak, znanstveni)
Muhr, N., Veronig, A., Kienreich, I., Vršnak, B., Temmer, M. & Bein, B. (2014) Statistical Analysis of Large-Scale EUV Waves Observed by STEREO/EUVI. Solar physics, 289 (12), 4563-4588 doi:10.1007/s11207-014-0594-7.
@article{article, year = {2014}, pages = {4563-4588}, DOI = {10.1007/s11207-014-0594-7}, keywords = {waves, magnetohydrodynamic Waves, propagation}, journal = {Solar physics}, doi = {10.1007/s11207-014-0594-7}, volume = {289}, number = {12}, issn = {0038-0938}, title = {Statistical Analysis of Large-Scale EUV Waves Observed by STEREO/EUVI}, keyword = {waves, magnetohydrodynamic Waves, propagation} }

Časopis indeksira:


  • Current Contents Connect (CCC)
  • Web of Science Core Collection (WoSCC)
    • Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXP)
    • SCI-EXP, SSCI i/ili A&HCI
  • Scopus


Uključenost u ostale bibliografske baze podataka:


  • NASA-ADS


Citati