Napredna pretraga

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 727516

Inclusion of children with disabilities in psychomotor development in regular educational system in Croatia- benefits and challenges


Jureša, Vesna; Musil, Vera; Majer, Marjeta
Inclusion of children with disabilities in psychomotor development in regular educational system in Croatia- benefits and challenges // Abstract book the 17th EUSUHM Congress Breaking down the barriers
London, UK, 2013. str. 19-19 (predavanje, međunarodna recenzija, sažetak, stručni)


Naslov
Inclusion of children with disabilities in psychomotor development in regular educational system in Croatia- benefits and challenges

Autori
Jureša, Vesna ; Musil, Vera ; Majer, Marjeta

Vrsta, podvrsta i kategorija rada
Sažeci sa skupova, sažetak, stručni

Izvornik
Abstract book the 17th EUSUHM Congress Breaking down the barriers / - London, UK, 2013, 19-19

Skup
17th EUSUHM Congress Breaking down the barriers

Mjesto i datum
London, UK, 27.-29.06.2013

Vrsta sudjelovanja
Predavanje

Vrsta recenzije
Međunarodna recenzija

Ključne riječi
children; special needs; education

Sažetak
Introduction: Prerequisites of inclusion of children with disabilities in psychomotor development in regular educational system are: previously well-defined features and difficulties, joint work of monitor team (school medicine specialist, rehabilitator of corresponding profile) and training for teachers. The aim was to assess extent of inclusion in current conditions in Croatia. Participants and methods: We analyzed data from reports of school and university medicine health service and The Committee for determination of appropriate education forms. Appropriate form of education for children, due to interference and/or difficulty, determines The Committee designated for particular school composed of school medicine specialist, pedagogue, teacher and rehabilitator. The Committee may determine: regular program with individual support ( complete program with an adjustment in methods), adapted curriculum (reduction of volume) and special program (significant reduction of school curriculum which requires complex rehabilitation in special institutions). Results: Follow-up for fifteen years has shown presence of 7 to 10% children with developmental disabilities and 5 to 7% children with chronic illnesses that require particular attention in regular schools. Difficulties in pronunciation and language acquisition, difficulties in reading and writing make up 80% of all problems. The remaining 20% are multiple disorders: disorders of attention and concentration, hyperactivity, motor disturbances and poor intellectual development. Work with children with multiple associated disorders, which might not be particularly expressed to a greater extent, requires an individual endeavor of teachers. Conclusions: A large number of primary schools, 1200 of total 2000, have less than 100 students. There is a shortage of rehabilitators and psychologists in small schools.Parents complain if child have to attend school with rehabilitators out of place of living, lack of understanding and barriers. Teachers believe that they are not trained enough to work with disabled children that require additional commitment.

Izvorni jezik
Engleski

Znanstvena područja
Javno zdravstvo i zdravstvena zaštita



POVEZANOST RADA


Projekt / tema
108-1080135-0263 - Kardiovaskularni rizici u školske djece i mladih - razvoj modela intervencije (Vesna Jureša, )

Ustanove
Medicinski fakultet, Zagreb

Profili:

Avatar Url Vesna Jureša (autor)

Avatar Url Vera Musil (autor)

Avatar Url Marjeta Majer (autor)

Citiraj ovu publikaciju

Jureša, Vesna; Musil, Vera; Majer, Marjeta
Inclusion of children with disabilities in psychomotor development in regular educational system in Croatia- benefits and challenges // Abstract book the 17th EUSUHM Congress Breaking down the barriers
London, UK, 2013. str. 19-19 (predavanje, međunarodna recenzija, sažetak, stručni)
Jureša, V., Musil, V. & Majer, M. (2013) Inclusion of children with disabilities in psychomotor development in regular educational system in Croatia- benefits and challenges. U: Abstract book the 17th EUSUHM Congress Breaking down the barriers.
@article{article, year = {2013}, pages = {19-19}, keywords = {children, special needs, education}, title = {Inclusion of children with disabilities in psychomotor development in regular educational system in Croatia- benefits and challenges}, keyword = {children, special needs, education}, publisherplace = {London, UK} }