Napredna pretraga

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 592651

Parish Church of St. George and St. Euphemia


Zajec, Vlasta
Parish Church of St. George and St. Euphemia, 2010. (virtualni muzej, katalog).


Naslov
Parish Church of St. George and St. Euphemia

Autori
Zajec, Vlasta

Izvornik
Discover Baroque Art, Museum with No Frontiers

Vrsta, podvrsta
Ostale vrste radova, virtualni muzej, katalog

Godina
2010

Ključne riječi
Baroque; Classicism; Rococo; 18th Century; architecture; sculpture; Rovinj; Alvise Tagliapietra; Giovanni Marchiori

Sažetak
The Parish Church of St. George and St. Euphemia is lit only through the windows of the chapels, this was in order that the height of both nave and aisles were equalised. In addition to the impact of local architectural tradition, the contemporaneous rebuilding of Udine Cathedral (1706–1735) designed by the Venetian architect Domenico Rossi, influenced this architectural solution. In the church, there are a number of high quality marble altars, five or six of which are decorated with the statues of the Venetian sculptor Alvise Tagliapietra and his workshop, and which judging from 19th century sources was his last commission. Along with the statues of the two sanctuary altars in Rovinj – the High Altar and the Altar of St. Euphemia – the work of the Tagliapietra workshop includes the statues of Our Lady of the Rosary and St. Nicholas (jointly signed by Alvise and his son Giuseppe) and the reliefs of St. Michael the Archangel and St. Peter on side altars. As well as the traditional attribution to the Tagliapietra workshop, the sculptures of the left-hand altar in the sanctuary dedicated to the Holy Sacrament are thought to be the work of the Classicist-oriented Venetian sculptor, Giovanni Marchiori. While the altars indicate the refined taste of the Rovinj commune as client, the overall impression of unity in the opulent Baroque furnishing is enhanced by the works of others: the stuccowork of G. Lattuga (1750), the stalls for the choir and congregation by G. Besenghi (known as “Napolachi”, also 1750), the organ by A. Barbini (1754) and the silver Baroque antependium by A. Scarabella d'Este (1776).

Izvorni jezik
Engleski

Znanstvena područja
Povijest umjetnosti



POVEZANOST RADA


Projekt / tema
020-0202685-2700 - Barok, klasicizam, historicizam u sakralnoj umjetnosti kontinentalne Hrvatske (Mirjana Repanić-Braun, )

Ustanove
Institut za povijest umjetnosti, Zagreb

Autor s matičnim brojem:
Vlasta Zajec, (179624)