Napredna pretraga

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 592636

Parish Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary


Zajec, Vlasta
Parish Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, 2010. (virtualni muzej, katalog).


Naslov
Parish Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Autori
Zajec, Vlasta

Izvornik
Discover Baroque Art, Museum With No Frontiers

Vrsta, podvrsta
Ostale vrste radova, virtualni muzej, katalog

Godina
2010

Ključne riječi
Baroque; 18th century; sculpture; wall painting; stucco; Lepoglava; Paulists; Alexius Königer; Ivan Jakob Altenbach; Johannes Vedl; Franz Kochler; Ivan Krstitelj Ranger; Anton Joseph Quadrio

Sažetak
The Monastery and Church of St. Mary was founded at the beginning of the 15th century. From the end of the 17th century, the monastery was the seat of the Croatian Paulist province. During the 1770s, the sculptor Alexius Königer and his assistants, made five altars and a pulpit. Königer's sculptural figures are characterised by their smooth theatrical gestures ; they are playful and smiling as if dancing to distant music of their time. Along with the works of F. J. Straub and V. Königer, the sculptures of A. Königer constitute one of the very finest episodes of Rococo and Late Baroque sculpture in northern Croatia. Apart from Königer's altars, in the side chapels of the same church, important phases in Late Mannerist altarpieces and sculpture in northern Croatia is evident. The Altar of the Holy Spirit, consecrated in 1657, is a splendid piece matched by the excellent Altar of the Mourning Mary (1676), with statues by the Varaždin sculptor Ivan Jakob Altenbach, whose stylistic expression belongs in the watershed between late Mannerism and early Baroque. Also worth mentioning are the sculptures in the niches of the church façade (1711). The author of these, Johannes Vedl, was a sculptor whose descent and oeuvre remains un-explicated to this day. The end of the same decade (1718) saw the creation of the stucco decorations in the Patačić family chapel, by the Italian Joseph Antonio Quadrio from Styria, who was also the author of the stuccowork in the monastic library (1710–1711). The works of the Pauline painter Ivan Ranger include wall paintings and the painted backs of the choir stalls (1735–1737) in the choir and in the sanctuary (1742).

Izvorni jezik
Engleski

Znanstvena područja
Povijest umjetnosti



POVEZANOST RADA


Projekt / tema
020-0202685-2700 - Barok, klasicizam, historicizam u sakralnoj umjetnosti kontinentalne Hrvatske (Mirjana Repanić-Braun, )

Ustanove
Institut za povijest umjetnosti, Zagreb

Autor s matičnim brojem:
Vlasta Zajec, (179624)