Napredna pretraga

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 582872

Leptospirosis in bucks and rams in Croatia


Vujnović, Anja; Račić, Ivana; Zdelar-Tuk, Maja; Cvetnić, Željko; Duvnjak, Sanja; Špičić, Silvio
Leptospirosis in bucks and rams in Croatia // European meeting of leptospirosis Eurolepto 2012 / Turk, Nenad ; Habuš, Josipa ; Ellis, Bill ; Hartskeerl, Rudy ; Milas, Zoran ; Nally, Jarlath ; Picardeau, Mathieu (ur.).
Zagreb: Veterinarski fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu, 2012. str. 81-81 (poster, međunarodna recenzija, sažetak, znanstveni)


Naslov
Leptospirosis in bucks and rams in Croatia

Autori
Vujnović, Anja ; Račić, Ivana ; Zdelar-Tuk, Maja ; Cvetnić, Željko ; Duvnjak, Sanja ; Špičić, Silvio

Vrsta, podvrsta i kategorija rada
Sažeci sa skupova, sažetak, znanstveni

Izvornik
European meeting of leptospirosis Eurolepto 2012 / Turk, Nenad ; Habuš, Josipa ; Ellis, Bill ; Hartskeerl, Rudy ; Milas, Zoran ; Nally, Jarlath ; Picardeau, Mathieu - Zagreb : Veterinarski fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu, 2012, 81-81

ISBN
978-953-6062-87-4

Skup
European meeting of leptospirosis Eurolepto 2012

Mjesto i datum
Dubrovnik, Hrvatska, 31.05.-02.06.2012

Vrsta sudjelovanja
Poster

Vrsta recenzije
Međunarodna recenzija

Ključne riječi
leptospirosis; buck; ram; MAT; Croatia

Sažetak
In accordance with the annual orders issued by Ministry of Agriculture for years 2008, 2009 and 2010, all bucks and rams used for natural breeding and production of semen for artificial insemination have been serologically tested for leptospirosis twice each year. During that period total of 36100 blood samples were examined in the Laboratory for bacterial zoonoses and molecular diagnosis of bacterial diseases of Croatian Veterinary Institute. 16218 (44, 93%) of above mentioned samples were collected in the continental region of Croatia, and the other 19882 (55, 07%) in the coastal region. All samples were examined by microscopic agglutination test (MAT) for the presence of 11 leptospiral antigens. An initial sera dilution of 1:100 was considered as a cut-off point for a positive reaction. Positive reaction was found in 220 (0, 61%) blood samples, 212 (96, 36%) of which reacted positively with only one serovar, 6 (2, 73%) with two serovars and 2 (0, 91%) with three serovars. 207 (94, 09%) positive bloods samples came from the continental counties and the other 13 (5, 91%) from the coastal region. The majority of positive samples from continental region came from three counties (Osijek-Baranja 40 (19, 32%) ; Virovitica-Podravina 35 (16, 91%) and Bjelovar-Bilogora 34 (16, 43%)). The most frequently recorded serovars in this region were pomona (33, 18%), grippotyphosa (27, 19%), sejroe (22, 12%) and australis (13, 36%). Highest incidence of sv. pomona was found in Virovitica-Podravina county (30, 56%). Sv. grippotyphosa was the prevalent serovar in Osijek-Baranja county (37, 29%) and sv. sejroe in Bjelovar-Bilogora county (41, 67%). Sv. australis was equally distributed throughout the region. Serovars icterohaemorrhagiae, hardjo and ballum were found at much lower frequencies. 5 serovars (australis, grippotyphosa, icterohaemorrhagiae, pomona and sejroe) appeared sporadically and equally distributed in the coastal region. 7 (53, 85%) out of 13 positive blood samples from the coastal region came from Split-Dalmatia county. The endemic nature of leptospirosis, as well as prevalence of different leptospiral serovars within animal population depend primarily on combination of environmental factors such as geographical and climate conditions, exposure to different animal species, variety of present Leptospira reservoirs and farming methods. All this must be taken into consideration when assessing this surveys results, according to which the highest number of positive samples was recorded in central and eastern part of Croatia.

Izvorni jezik
Engleski

Znanstvena područja
Veterinarska medicina



POVEZANOST RADA


Projekt / tema
048-0481153-1150 - Molekularna epizootiologija važnih bakterijskih zoonoza (Željko Cvetnić, )

Ustanove
Hrvatski veterinarski institut, Zagreb

Citiraj ovu publikaciju

Vujnović, Anja; Račić, Ivana; Zdelar-Tuk, Maja; Cvetnić, Željko; Duvnjak, Sanja; Špičić, Silvio
Leptospirosis in bucks and rams in Croatia // European meeting of leptospirosis Eurolepto 2012 / Turk, Nenad ; Habuš, Josipa ; Ellis, Bill ; Hartskeerl, Rudy ; Milas, Zoran ; Nally, Jarlath ; Picardeau, Mathieu (ur.).
Zagreb: Veterinarski fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu, 2012. str. 81-81 (poster, međunarodna recenzija, sažetak, znanstveni)
Vujnović, A., Račić, I., Zdelar-Tuk, M., Cvetnić, Ž., Duvnjak, S. & Špičić, S. (2012) Leptospirosis in bucks and rams in Croatia. U: Turk, N., Habuš, J., Ellis, B., Hartskeerl, R., Milas, Z., Nally, J. & Picardeau, M. (ur.)European meeting of leptospirosis Eurolepto 2012.
@article{article, year = {2012}, pages = {81-81}, keywords = {leptospirosis, buck, ram, MAT, Croatia}, isbn = {978-953-6062-87-4}, title = {Leptospirosis in bucks and rams in Croatia}, keyword = {leptospirosis, buck, ram, MAT, Croatia}, publisher = {Veterinarski fakultet Sveu\v{c}ili\v{s}ta u Zagrebu}, publisherplace = {Dubrovnik, Hrvatska} }