Napredna pretraga

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 484540

Preliminarni model povoljnosti staništa vrste Fraxinus angustifolia Vahl u Hrvatskoj metodom maksimalne entropije


Temunović, Martina; Grgurev, Marin; Fernández-Manjarrés, J. F.; Škvorc, Željko; Franjić, Jozo
Preliminarni model povoljnosti staništa vrste Fraxinus angustifolia Vahl u Hrvatskoj metodom maksimalne entropije // Treći hrvatski botanički kongres 2010. Knjiga sažetaka. / Jasprica, Nenad ; Pandža, Marija ; Milović, Milenko (ur.).
Zagreb: Školska knjiga, 2010. str. 198-198 (poster, domaća recenzija, sažetak, znanstveni)


Naslov
Preliminarni model povoljnosti staništa vrste Fraxinus angustifolia Vahl u Hrvatskoj metodom maksimalne entropije
(Preliminary habitat suitability model for Fraxinus angustifolia Vahl in Croatia using Maximum Entropy)

Autori
Temunović, Martina ; Grgurev, Marin ; Fernández-Manjarrés, J. F. ; Škvorc, Željko ; Franjić, Jozo

Vrsta, podvrsta i kategorija rada
Sažeci sa skupova, sažetak, znanstveni

Izvornik
Treći hrvatski botanički kongres 2010. Knjiga sažetaka. / Jasprica, Nenad ; Pandža, Marija ; Milović, Milenko - Zagreb : Školska knjiga, 2010, 198-198

Skup
Treći hrvatski botanički kongres 2010

Mjesto i datum
Murter, Hrvatska, 24-26. 09. 2010.

Vrsta sudjelovanja
Poster

Vrsta recenzije
Domaća recenzija

Ključne riječi
Model povoljnosti staništa; Maxent; Fraxinus angustifolia
(Species distribution modelling; Maxent; Fraxinus angustifolia)

Sažetak
Predictive species distribution modelling is a useful tool for developing effective management and conservation programmes for species and ecosystems. The main objective of this study is to test the usefulness of habitat suitability model in predicting the potential distribution of Fraxinus angustifolia, a wide ranged economically important tree species in Croatia, to explore which ecological factors influence the species occurrence and to assess a possible regional niche variation. We applied a maximum entropy modelling method using software MAXENT 3.3.1 which uses species presence only data. A total set of 802 occurrence points was used, obtained from Flora Croatica Database, Forest Inventory and our own sampling. Twelve independent environmental layers were included in the model as predictor variables: WorldClim bioclimatic variables, topographic variables and a habitat type variable. We performed 30 replicate runs with default modelling parameters, each time randomly selecting 70% of the occurrence points as training and remaining 30% as test data. The Maxent model performed well with high average training and test AUC values across 30 runs. Predictions were significantly different from random for all runs at all thresholds measured by the binomial omission tests. Single most important predictor variable was habitat type followed by the elevation. Predicted distribution was well congruent with present known distribution of Fraxinus angustifolia in Croatia. The overlap between the distribution in Continental and Mediterranean biogeographical region was low, suggesting regional niche variation. Our results indicate that close approximation to the reality distribution pattern can be obtained using this approach, even for species with specialized ecological requirements.

Izvorni jezik
Engleski

Znanstvena područja
Biologija, Šumarstvo



POVEZANOST RADA


Projekt / tema
068-0680722-0564 - Gospodarenje staništima zahvaćenim sukcesijom u nizinskom području Hrvatske (Jozo Franjić, )
068-0680722-0707 - Značaj sukcesije u očuvanju biološke raznolikosti Slavonskoga gorja (Ivica Samarđić, )

Ustanove
Šumarski fakultet, Zagreb