Napredna pretraga

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 481328

Type-II Bursts in Meter and Deca – Hectometer Wavelengths and Their Relation to Flares and CMEs: II


Prakash, O.; Umapathy, S.; Shanmugaraju, A.; Pappa Kalaivani, P.; Vršnak, Bojan
Type-II Bursts in Meter and Deca – Hectometer Wavelengths and Their Relation to Flares and CMEs: II // Solar physics, 266 (2010), 1; 135-147 doi:10.1007/s11207-010-9604-6 (međunarodna recenzija, članak, znanstveni)


Naslov
Type-II Bursts in Meter and Deca – Hectometer Wavelengths and Their Relation to Flares and CMEs: II

Autori
Prakash, O. ; Umapathy, S. ; Shanmugaraju, A. ; Pappa Kalaivani, P. ; Vršnak, Bojan

Izvornik
Solar physics (0038-0938) 266 (2010), 1; 135-147

Vrsta, podvrsta i kategorija rada
Radovi u časopisima, članak, znanstveni

Ključne riječi
Coronal mass ejections · Solar flares · Type-II bursts

Sažetak
A study of the relationship between 38 type-II bursts recorded in meter and decahectometer (hereinafter m and DH) wavelength range and the associated flares and CMEs observed during the years 2000 – 2005 was carried out by Prakash et al. (2009). These events were divided into two classes: i) Class I, representing events where DH-type-II bursts are not a continuation of m-type-II bursts and ii) Class II, where DH-type-II bursts are a continuation of m-type-II bursts. In the present work, we extend the analysis of this sample of 38 events in three different steps: i) statistical properties of m- and DH-type-II bursts ; ii) analysis of time lags between onsets of flares and CMEs associated with type-II bursts ; and iii) statistical properties and relation between flares and CMEs of Class I and Class II events.We found a significant difference between the properties of m- and DH-type-II bursts of Class I and Class II events. For example, there are significant differences in starting and ending frequencies, bandwidth and speed. From the time delay analysis, we found the following. i) In 64% of Class I events, flares start after the onset of CMEs and the remaining 36% of flares start before the onset of CMEs. On the other hand, in the case of Class II events, the values are 83% and 17%, respectively. ii) The difference between the mean values of delay between flare start and DH start has high statistical significance (probability P of null hypothesis < 1%). The time delays between the start of m-type-II burst and the CME onset are considerably larger for Class I events (P = 7%) than Class II events. iii) There are notable differences in: (a) delay between the flare and CME onset times (P <1%) ; (b) flare rise time of Class I and Class II events (P <5%). iv) While the flare rise time is well correlated with the lag between the flare start and the CME onset in Class I events, there is no such correlation for Class II events.

Izvorni jezik
Engleski

Znanstvena područja
Fizika



POVEZANOST RADA


Projekt / tema
007-0000000-1362 - Eruptivni procesi u Sunčevoj atmosferi (Bojan Vršnak, )

Ustanove
Geodetski fakultet, Zagreb

Profili:

Avatar Url Bojan Vršnak (autor)

Citiraj ovu publikaciju

Prakash, O.; Umapathy, S.; Shanmugaraju, A.; Pappa Kalaivani, P.; Vršnak, Bojan
Type-II Bursts in Meter and Deca – Hectometer Wavelengths and Their Relation to Flares and CMEs: II // Solar physics, 266 (2010), 1; 135-147 doi:10.1007/s11207-010-9604-6 (međunarodna recenzija, članak, znanstveni)
Prakash, O., Umapathy, S., Shanmugaraju, A., Pappa Kalaivani, P. & Vršnak, B. (2010) Type-II Bursts in Meter and Deca – Hectometer Wavelengths and Their Relation to Flares and CMEs: II. Solar physics, 266 (1), 135-147 doi:10.1007/s11207-010-9604-6.
@article{article, year = {2010}, pages = {135-147}, DOI = {10.1007/s11207-010-9604-6}, keywords = {Coronal mass ejections · Solar flares · Type-II bursts}, journal = {Solar physics}, doi = {10.1007/s11207-010-9604-6}, volume = {266}, number = {1}, issn = {0038-0938}, title = {Type-II Bursts in Meter and Deca – Hectometer Wavelengths and Their Relation to Flares and CMEs: II}, keyword = {Coronal mass ejections · Solar flares · Type-II bursts} }

Časopis indeksira:


  • Current Contents Connect (CCC)
  • Web of Science Core Collection (WoSCC)
    • Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXP)
    • SCI-EXP, SSCI i/ili A&HCI
  • Scopus


Uključenost u ostale bibliografske baze podataka:


  • NASA ADS


Citati