Napredna pretraga

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 304112

Work-related stress among female staff in Croatian hospitals


Golubić, Rajna; Knežević, Bojana; Milošević, Milan; Radonić, Ana; Belak, Marin; Knežević, Predrag; Mustajbegović, Jadranka
Work-related stress among female staff in Croatian hospitals // Budapest Meeting Abstract. 2007. Cell Stress Chaperones online 12
Budapest: Cell Stress Society International, 2007. str. 462-462 (poster, međunarodna recenzija, sažetak, znanstveni)


Naslov
Work-related stress among female staff in Croatian hospitals

Autori
Golubić, Rajna ; Knežević, Bojana ; Milošević, Milan ; Radonić, Ana ; Belak, Marin ; Knežević, Predrag ; Mustajbegović, Jadranka

Vrsta, podvrsta i kategorija rada
Sažeci sa skupova, sažetak, znanstveni

Izvornik
Budapest Meeting Abstract. 2007. Cell Stress Chaperones online 12 / - Budapest : Cell Stress Society International, 2007, 462-462

Skup
3rd Cell Stress Society International Congress on Stress Responses in Biology and Medicine and 2nd World Conference of Stress

Mjesto i datum
Budimpešta, Mađarska, 23-26.08.2007

Vrsta sudjelovanja
Poster

Vrsta recenzije
Međunarodna recenzija

Ključne riječi
Work-related stress; female; hospital

Sažetak
Aim: To determine the difference in stress perception among female staff at various hospital departments. Methods: 984 female employees in 4 Croatian hospitals anonymously and voluntarily completed the Occupational Stress Assessment Questionnaire. According to the factor analysis the stressors were classified into 6 groups: Work management, Public criticism, Shift work, Professional demands, Interpersonal communication and Professional health hazards. The differences were analyzed by Mann Whitney U test and P<0.05 was regarded as significant. Results: 200 (20.3%) of the analyzed female staff belonged to the category physicians, while the remaining 784 (79.7%) were technicians and nurses. At all hospital departments physicians made the minority of the entire female staff, with the exceptions of anesthesiology and pathology, where they made 62% and 53.8% of the total number of female employees, respectively. Public criticism (P<0.001), shift work (P=0.03) and professional demands (P=0.003) were considered significantly more stressful by physicians than by nurses and technicians. However, nurses and technicians reported professional health hazards as significantly more stressful than physicians (P=0.002). The perception of stress related to work management and interpersonal communication didn&#8217; t significantly differ among professional categories. Conclusion: Physicians, on one hand and nurses and technicians on the other hand find their job stressful, but the perception of the same stressors among female staff is different.

Izvorni jezik
Engleski

Znanstvena područja
Javno zdravstvo i zdravstvena zaštita



POVEZANOST RADA


Projekt / tema
108-1080316-0300 - Zdravlje na radu i zdravi okoliš (Jadranka Mustajbegović, )

Ustanove
Medicinski fakultet, Zagreb,
Klinička bolnica "Dubrava",
Klinički bolnički centar Zagreb