Pretražite po imenu i prezimenu autora, mentora, urednika, prevoditelja

Napredna pretraga

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 169116

Pain management of chronic non-cancer pain with transdermal fentanyl


Adanić-Mikloška Ines
Pain management of chronic non-cancer pain with transdermal fentanyl // 10th World congress on pain
San Diego, Sjedinjene Američke Države, 2002. (poster, nije recenziran, sažetak, stručni)


CROSBI ID: 169116 Za ispravke kontaktirajte CROSBI podršku putem web obrasca

Naslov
Pain management of chronic non-cancer pain with transdermal fentanyl

Autori
Adanić-Mikloška Ines

Vrsta, podvrsta i kategorija rada
Sažeci sa skupova, sažetak, stručni

Skup
10th World congress on pain

Mjesto i datum
San Diego, Sjedinjene Američke Države, Kolovoz, 2002

Vrsta sudjelovanja
Poster

Vrsta recenzije
Nije recenziran

Ključne riječi
pain management;; Fentanil-Durogesic; chronic nonmalignant pain
(ement;; Fentanil-Durogesic; chronic nonmalignant pain)

Sažetak
Aim of Investigation: Pain relief in chronic non-malignant pain trough the administration of transdermal Fentanyl – Durogesic TM. Methods: Twenty patients suffering from severe low back pain (15), and postherpetic neuralgia (5), resistant to all other therapies had been treated in the Pain Center with Durogesic patches, during a 3 months period. Starting with a patch of 25 mcg/hr in the first two weeks and continuing with 50 mcg/hr. All of our patients have been previously treated with non-steroid analgesics, weak opioids, acupuncture and physical therapy. Some of them with low back pain have been operated. The patients with postherpetic neuralgia were previously treated with carbamazepine, weak opioids, acupuncture or laser but without improvement. Results: Only 2 patients (10%) had to discontinue the treatment because of side effects (fatigue, somnolence, or dizziness). The remaining 18 patients (90%) have significantly improved their VAS scales (from 8-9 to 2-3) while only mild and transient side effects (nausea, constipation, sweating) were experienced by 4 of them (20%). Conclusion: Our experience within the group of treatment resistant pain patients showed that Durogesic represents highly efficacious therapeutic option while maintaining favorable safety profile.

Izvorni jezik
Engleski

Znanstvena područja
Kliničke medicinske znanosti



POVEZANOST RADA


Projekti:
0108025

Profili:

Avatar Url Ines Adanić-Mikloška (autor)


Citiraj ovu publikaciju:

Adanić-Mikloška Ines
Pain management of chronic non-cancer pain with transdermal fentanyl // 10th World congress on pain
San Diego, Sjedinjene Američke Države, 2002. (poster, nije recenziran, sažetak, stručni)
Adanić-Mikloška Ines (2002) Pain management of chronic non-cancer pain with transdermal fentanyl. U: 10th World congress on pain.
@article{article, year = {2002}, keywords = {pain management, , Fentanil-Durogesic, chronic nonmalignant pain}, title = {Pain management of chronic non-cancer pain with transdermal fentanyl}, keyword = {pain management, , Fentanil-Durogesic, chronic nonmalignant pain}, publisherplace = {San Diego, Sjedinjene Ameri\v{c}ke Dr\v{z}ave} }
@article{article, year = {2002}, keywords = {ement, , Fentanil-Durogesic, chronic nonmalignant pain}, title = {Pain management of chronic non-cancer pain with transdermal fentanyl}, keyword = {ement, , Fentanil-Durogesic, chronic nonmalignant pain}, publisherplace = {San Diego, Sjedinjene Ameri\v{c}ke Dr\v{z}ave} }




Contrast
Increase Font
Decrease Font
Dyslexic Font