Pretražite po imenu i prezimenu autora, mentora, urednika, prevoditelja

Napredna pretraga

Pregled bibliografske jedinice broj: 1094223

Safety of outpatient kidney biopsies


Gardijan B; Gunjača M, Čingel B; Knotek
Safety of outpatient kidney biopsies // ASN Kidney week 2016, Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. Abstract Supplement
Chicago, Sjedinjene Američke Države: ASN, 2016. str. 365-365 (poster, međunarodna recenzija, sažetak, znanstveni)


CROSBI ID: 1094223 Za ispravke kontaktirajte CROSBI podršku putem web obrasca

Naslov
Safety of outpatient kidney biopsies
(Safety of outpatient kidney biopsies;)

Autori
Gardijan B ; Gunjača M, Čingel B ; Knotek

Vrsta, podvrsta i kategorija rada
Sažeci sa skupova, sažetak, znanstveni

Izvornik
ASN Kidney week 2016, Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. Abstract Supplement / - : ASN, 2016, 365-365

Skup
American Society of Nephrology Kideny Week 2016

Mjesto i datum
Chicago, Sjedinjene Američke Države, 15.-20.11.2016

Vrsta sudjelovanja
Poster

Vrsta recenzije
Međunarodna recenzija

Ključne riječi
kidney biopsy, outpatient, dezmopressin

Sažetak
Background: Kidney biopsy (bx) is an essential part of nephrological diagnostic work-up. In our center it is frequently performed as an outpatient procedure. Aim of this study was to evaluate the safety of bx in the outpatient setting. Methods: We analysed native and transplant kidney bx performed from July 2013 to June 2015. 255 bx performed in the outpatient setting were identified. There were 216 bx in transplant pts, and 39 native kidney bx, including 3 solitary kidney bx. All were performed under US guidance using a 16G or 18G needle. In all patients with eGFR<30ml/min desmopressin (0.4 μg/kg BW i.v.) was administered prior to the procedure. Patients were observed for 6 h before discharge, with a CBC and a urine test performed after 4 hours. Ultrasonography was performed upon attending clinician discretion. Study outcomes were minor complications, defined as macrohematuria, significant reduction in Hb levels (>10% without need for RBC transfusion), local hemorrhage or major complications, defined as hemorrhage requiring therapeutic intervention including RBC transfusion. Results: There were 71 female and 184 male patients. Average age was 42.6 ±16.1yrs. Indications for native kidney bx included nephrotic syndrome (51%), subnephrotic proteinuria with hematuria (29%), follow-up bx (15%), and other (5%). From 216 transplant bx 31% were indication and 69% were protocol bx. The glomerular yield in 96.9% of bx was sufficient for analysis. There were no major complications. In 18% of patients there was a Hb rise after biopsy. Average postbx Hb decline in the other 82% was 5% (1-16%). In 13.3% pts there was >10% reduction in Hb level, with no evident bleeding, including by US. In 2% of the patients postbx macrohematuria was present, without requirement for intervention or blood transfusion. In univariate analysis age, gender, serum creatinine, prebx Hb and indication for bx were not predictive for postbx Hb decline. There were no therapeutic interventions required for bx complications. Conclusions: We found that kidney biopsy performed in an outpatient setting in select patients is only rarely associated with adverse events and is a safe procedure.

Izvorni jezik
Engleski

Znanstvena područja
Kliničke medicinske znanosti



POVEZANOST RADA


Profili:

Avatar Url Mladen Knotek (autor)

Avatar Url Bojana Gardijan (autor)


Citiraj ovu publikaciju:

Gardijan B; Gunjača M, Čingel B; Knotek
Safety of outpatient kidney biopsies // ASN Kidney week 2016, Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. Abstract Supplement
Chicago, Sjedinjene Američke Države: ASN, 2016. str. 365-365 (poster, međunarodna recenzija, sažetak, znanstveni)
Gardijan B, Gunjača M, Č. & Knotek (2016) Safety of outpatient kidney biopsies. U: ASN Kidney week 2016, Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. Abstract Supplement.
@article{article, author = {Gunja\v{c}a M, \v{C}ingel B}, year = {2016}, pages = {365-365}, keywords = {kidney biopsy, outpatient, dezmopressin}, title = {Safety of outpatient kidney biopsies}, keyword = {kidney biopsy, outpatient, dezmopressin}, publisher = {ASN}, publisherplace = {Chicago, Sjedinjene Ameri\v{c}ke Dr\v{z}ave} }
@article{article, author = {Gunja\v{c}a M, \v{C}ingel B}, year = {2016}, pages = {365-365}, keywords = {kidney biopsy, outpatient, dezmopressin}, title = {Safety of outpatient kidney biopsies;}, keyword = {kidney biopsy, outpatient, dezmopressin}, publisher = {ASN}, publisherplace = {Chicago, Sjedinjene Ameri\v{c}ke Dr\v{z}ave} }




Contrast
Increase Font
Decrease Font
Dyslexic Font